This application is best completed using an internet browser on a laptop or desktop computer.
Some sections will be only accessible by using a widescreen/full-screen format and it is not intended to be completed on phones or tablets.
LSA seeks individuals dedicated to serving their community. Participants of the program will be given the opportunity to develop an understanding of the opportunities and challenges facing the San Antonio area. This coming year, LSA will be dedicated to exploring the long-term goals and promise of San Antonio. Rather than examining the latest developments and short-term urban trends impacting our city, LSA 45 will consider the issues and trends that will impact San Antonio over the next generation of its populace. Whether it’s the impact of changing demographics on our natural resources and infrastructure, the correlation between elementary school reading levels and workforce development, the effects of technology on health care for an aging populace, or the long-term development of our urban core, LSA 44 aims to tackle San Antonio’s future…today.
LSA is limited to approximately 50 participants annually. Acceptance into the program is based on a subjective assessment of the information each applicant provides in this application, as well as a second round in-person interview, if selected. If you are selected for the semi-finalist interview, you MUST be available to attend during your designated time between 8am - 12pm and 1pm - 5pm - day to be determined. The LSA Selection Committee is comprised of LSA Alumni. The selection is highly competitive with more applicants than class positions, therefore applicants who are not accepted are highly encouraged to reapply the following year.
- Have lived in and/or worked in the San Antonio area for at least one year at the time of the application.
- Persons related by marriage may not apply for the same class year.
- Within 30 days of selection, you must become a member of one of the sponsoring Chambers of Commerce (either Hispanic Chamber of Commerce or San Antonio Chamber of Commerce - membership in both is encouraged) and remain a member in good standing throughout the entire LSA year. Failure to remain a member will jeopardize participation in LSA and/or final graduation.
- Show a sincere interest in and commitment to improving the community.
- Have the desire to increase service to the community through holding key leadership positions.
- Present a clear vision for the development and growth of San Antonio.
- Applicants must submit a $50 non-refundable application fee due with application by noon on Wednesday, October 16, 2019. Click here to pay.
- Class members accepted into LSA must submit a (working on tuition amount) non-refundable tuition fee payable to the San Antonio Chamber of Commerce before the end of the 1st Quarter FY20 - March 31, 2020.
- Formal written requests must be submitted within 30 days of selection into the program and received no later than December 31, 2019 for the following:
- Payment plans: bi-annual, quarterly, or monthly payments.
- Small Business, Non-Profit 501(c)3, Veteran, and Minority Owned Needs Based Scholarships for partial and full tuition.
- If not already a member of either sponsoring Chamber, a separate membership fee will be required which will vary upon desired level of membership within 30 days of notice of selection.